When dreaming of country getaways, this charming off-grid, sustainable Tolmie property is a stellar example of what you would visualise. Picture yourself walking through the meandering pathways amongst the mature trees, stunning gardens and picturesque dam. At 750m elevation imagine the beauty of watching the occasional snowfall from the warmth of your home. Collect your fresh eggs from the large chook shed and run to complement your freshly baked sourdough cooked in your incredible Esse woodfired oven. This lifestyle property offers peace and privacy with stunning views back towards Mansfield, and is an ideal opportunity for use as a high country weekender, full time home, or even a holiday rental investment. This stunning two bedroom home is larger than you would expect and was built with sustainable living in mind. The separate cottage caters for extended family and friends, whilst the two bay horse stables, with tack room, offers an incredible home for your four legged friends. Located an easy 15 min drive from Mansfield and only 30 mins to Mt Buller.
* Situated on a large, secluded 25.5 acre allotment (10.32HA approx) down the end of a private road
* Set well back from the road, amidst lovely established gardens with ever changing colour, mature trees, rock edges & features
* Character-filled homestead with stunning 12 foot ceilings and french doors opening to wide fully insulated, VJ lined verandahs
* Offering 2 spacious bedrooms and a large central bathroom with feature freestanding clawfoot bath
* Second bathroom with separate toilet and shower, large laundry area with plenty of storage
* Grand living room with inbuilt euro fireplace and plenty of space for relaxing, family living and a large family dining table
* Impressive country kitchen/dining with a brand new Esse wetback oven, open fireplace and separate gas cooktop
* Master bedroom features large walk in robe and stunning French doors overlooking garden
* Excellent satellite NBN WIFI internet coverage and mobile phone coverage
* Inbuilt sprinkler system on roof
* Separate cottage with euro fireplace, kitchenette and private ensuite – ideal for extended family
* Great shedding includes 2 bay machinery shed/undercover parking for multiple vehicles plus lock-up workshop
* Separate large 2 bay woodshed with 3rd bay set up as work area to cater for all your needs
* Large chook shed with built in roosting boxes, and outdoor run.
* Fantastic garden shed with propagating area/hothouse perfect for the keen gardeners
* Large fully enclosed vegetable garden with established fruit trees and three varieties of berries as well as plenty of space for seasonal vegetables to be grown
* Save on bills with the completely off-grid setup including 3.8kw solar power, batteries and back up Honda generator
* Plentiful water with 3x dams, multiple water tanks (approx 22,000 gallons), plus an untapped 120 metre bore
* Additional features include separate fire bunker/wine cellar, additional parking for multiple cars, 5 fully fenced paddocks with water troughs for livestock/horses
Presenting like a property straight from the pages of ‘Country Living’ magazine, this idyllic high country home has been lovingly cared for by the existing owners for over 10 years – a rare opportunity which won’t last long. Contact sole agents Mansfield Real Estate.